Sunday, June 19, 2016

Glacier Park Landscape - Revised

Glacier Park Landscape

Today I took a second look at yesterday's painting and realized adjustments were needed. The peak on the right was too dark to indicate distance and edges needed to be softened in a variety of places. Now I think it has a stronger visual lead-in and the edges, particularly in the background are not competing with foreground shapes. Funny how 'fresh eyes' on a painting, helps you to see solutions.

View Larger / SOLD Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely an improvement. Amazing what we notice after a day or two. Love the soft edges, my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful revision, Mary. Reminds me so much of mountains and vegetation in the Cascade Mountains in Washington State! Love the sequence of colors from foreground to background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!