Monday, May 16, 2016

Pattern Change

                                     Pattern Change       oil on linen panel        Mary Maxam
This is painted from a photo I took just below the dam at Fort Smith, Montana. I nearly always use some kind of natural landscape for a background in this type of painting, But I tried to liven the concrete shapes in the background with color in the shadows. I haven't decided if I overdid it in the water with too many small shapes.Time will tell when I put fresh eyes on it tomorrow...

Pin It

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère Mary,

Je suis vraiment navrée de déserter un peu mon ordinateur en ce moment ! Je cours après le temps... J'espère revenir plus régulièrement...

Je suis ravie d'admirer cette dernière oeuvre.
J'aime la manière que tu animes l'eau. Elle paraît si vivante avec toute cette lumière qui swingue avec les couleurs.
Superbe travail.

Gros bisous ❀♡❀

Julie Ford Oliver said...

The fisherman is done so well I didn't look at anything else because I was busy admiring the way you had painted him.
Now I daren't say anything about the water in case you decide to make a change!
I do know I like the whole painting!!!!