Wednesday, April 6, 2016

'Birds Of A Feather' - birders in Yellowstone

Birds Of A Feather                                    9" x 12"                   oil on linen panel

I've had this one in mind for a long time. It is from a photo I took in Yellowstone Park. This is a colorful line of birders looking for their own sightings of color in the sky and landscape. I usually don't deal with so many small shapes and the challenge was holding it all together in terms of value and composition. 

SOLD



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I think it hold together nicely. What a great painting.....interest, mood. Perfect colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting Mary.. The figures are fantastic. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful painting, Mary!!!!! perfect figure work.....and of course a very favorite subject for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have done an incredible job with this. The subject is delightful and the long row of people makes me smile. Each seems to have their own personality. You have balanced the greens with just the right amount of red, and there is a touch of beautiful light upon each individual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not easy and yes - great job, Mary. You pulled this one off beautifully. Nothing cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! This is one of my favorite paintings of yours. I think what draws me on is the lady in the middle with her binoculars down. I can almost hear her asking they guy "is that a juvenile Cooper's hawk or a sharp shin hawk?" Anyway you made it look very dynamic rather than a line-up of birders. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting Mary, great subject matter and quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun painting, Mary, and lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!