Saturday, March 5, 2016

You Should've Been There

         You Should've Been There                                                                oil              9" x 12"

Another of those paintings that was hard to photograph! I believe when there is high contrast, it makes it more difficult for the camera to read variations in color. The Boise river was the location from the photo and most of the color in reality, is pretty humdrum and gray, I used my imagination to create something more interesting. It may be time to practice some monochrome works though as that is always good practice.


Pin It

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

You have a great imagination Mary!!!! Beautiful use of color in the water!!!

Carol Flatt said...

Wonderful abstract feel to this, Mary, as well as enticing color! You are so creative!

Victor Errington said...

Lovely painting Mary. The water is fantastic. All the best.
Vic.

Helen Moreda said...

Thank you for explaining your artistic license painting the water. You do a wonderful job playing with color. It gives me more confidence knowing how you started. Lovely, lovely.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I am with the others...I love the colors you chose and enjoyed reading your post. You are brilliant at making water look very wet. I see many water paintings and they never have the reflective, flowing movement you manage to capture.

Celeste Bergin said...

I love that you are able to take the humdrum and gray and turn it into THIS! Just brilliant!