Thursday, March 24, 2016

Painting Overshare? Montana Spring Creek

 Montana Spring Creek      oil       12" x 16"

This is a painting I finished toward the end of January.I felt it was really successful in the direct approach and the painting experience was one of those where you feel the painting just 'fell off the brush'. It doesn't happen often enough as we all know. In my excitement, I thought I'd enter it into an online exhibition. Then I entered it in another..... and, oh why not.... I entered it in a third! I must have been searching for a little validation.

The upshot is that "Montana Spring Creek" made it into all three, Thank you Art Muse Contest,  FASO Boldbrush 15% Competition and  Online Jured Shows-Plein Air Salon !

It's fun while it lasts. And now......I'm back to the easel :) Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Great big congratulations... it is a fabulous painting in every way and I understand why it has been well received. Now for the prizes- fingers crossed!!!

Victor Errington said...

Fantastic Mary. All the best.
Vic.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Great painting Mary, I can see why it is so popular. Nice color harmony and sure brushwork.

Gayle said...

Just want to add my congratulations as well. So uplifting to hear when good things happen! Keep on keeping on!

Carol Flatt said...

Congratulations, Mary, and well-deserved! Wonderful action, and I'm sure this scene is a piece of heaven for anyone who loves the outdoors. Look at all those greens. Wonderful use of cools and warms.

hmuxo said...

Congratulations!!! Beautiful scene!!!!