Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Eye On The Sky

                         Eye On The Sky                                                 oil           11" x 14"

I couldn't decide whether to post this as a fly fishing painting or a landscape, but it turned out to be a bit of both. I've been wanting to paint sky and clouds and that's what mostly came through here . This has a cad. red underpainting that was applied thinly but enough to provide a basic value plan. Working off of a warm tone really gives the blues and grays more depth I think.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Mary, this is a lovely Painting. The sky is brilliant. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That warm underpainting truly makes everything glow! Where the sky touches the hill is glorious! Great planning and execution of this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I as well love this painting Mary! I LOVE the powerful sky! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The neutrals let your warm colors sing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!