Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lochsa Shadows

        Lochsa Shadows             8"  x 10"           oil on linen panel

Today my intention was to use interesting grays. I have warm and cool grays in both the light and dark areas with just a few pure colors around the feet and water of the figure. I like the fact that it is a little 'different', but am still mulling over some of the values overall. This painting has a lot of subtle color mixing, which was difficult to get accurate in the photo. I may post again with changes to try and resolve that. Below is a detail

Lochsa Shadows - detail


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene, Mary.....the colors work so well together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting Mary. your fishermen look like they really are fishing. All the best Mary.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of neutrals, Mary. I particularly like the big rock face with it's grays and browns applied so beautifully. I think it's difficult when you have a big, prominent item such as the rock face to make it interesting, but with your warm and cool grays,the warm browns and the lovely brushwork it is stunning! Oh, to paint like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Carol, Mary. Wonderful use of neutrals.The whole scene is yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!