Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Matched Pair

         A Matched Pair                                                   oil                                                9" x 12"

Another painting from an old photo I took outside an Antique Shop years ago. This one is almost monochromatic and I enjoyed working that way for a chance. 
Here is an update on Zest- It . My order was cancelled and apparently it can no longer be shipped to the U.S. I checked with Jackson's and Rosemary brushes. But, I am now looking into an air purifier and will see if I can go forward with a safer studio in a different way. If any of you use one in your studio, I'd love hearing about your experience with it. 


Pin It

6 comments:

Victor Errington said...

A wonderful painting Mary. I really like this one. All the best.
Vic.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Your light travelled differently in this one so I thought you had painted in watercolor.
This is beautiful, Mary. It really tells its own story of time and place.

hmuxo said...

BEAUTIFULLY painted Mary. You have a very unique way of painting...

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Je suis sous le charme de cette belle peinture... Donner une âme au passé, vous y êtes parvenue à la perfection... Très joli travail.

Gros bisous ♡

Carol Flatt said...

Love the way you painted the light. You are magical in applying your brushstrokes. I'd give anything to be able to do that!

Helen Moreda said...

Beautiful. The light truly dances through the painting. And your matched pair are solid and present. Wonderful warmth.