Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Fishing In Shadows

Fishing In Shadows                      oil                     9 x 9"

In these busy past few weeks, I've had a bit of time to paint, but posting has gotten the short end of the stick. So, this is a catch- up post for a painting I put together last week. I was trying for interesting darks, trying not to rely too heavily on flat passages. This was from two photos of the Owyhee River in the fall, with the rust colored foliage providing contrast. 
I hope your Christmas was wonderful and that you find time for relaxing as the year winds down.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love the rusty colors in the bushes....beautifully painted Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made my day! - colors are so uplifting! I love your style!
    Happy New Year, Mary, may you enjoy many perfect painting days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful combination of gorgeous, intermingled color. You certainly depicted the scale of the scene well. The man looks small in that mighty river with the large brush and trees behind him.

    I hope you have a wonderful New Year full of great painting opportunities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!