Monday, July 27, 2015

Flow Blue With Pitcher

Flow Blue With Pitcher                 12" x 16"                      oil

I had time to work with a still life today. This is a set up using several pieces that were my Mom's. She loved deep blues, and pinks, and gold tones and .... ok, she just loved color!  I'm sure that's where I get my own love of color. The name  'flow blue' is from the blue glaze that blurred or 'flowed' during the firing process. It's lovely and I along with my sisters have several pieces from her collection
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Excuisite is the word for both the pottery and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully painted, Mary.... and even more special when you use your Mom's piece.
    Those blues are so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story. Bet your mom would have loved your beautiful painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are never enough words for beautiful.

    An exceptional painting, Mary. The whole piece speaks of elegance, and is very reminiscent of 19th century impressionism. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting and a wonderful tribute to your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!