Sunday, June 21, 2015

Right There!

"Right There!"                         oil on linen                10" x 10"

This is from Belize, where my husband has fished with friends, several times. I'm told that seeing the fish is one of the most challenging aspects, as they seem to 'hide in plain sight'. An expert guide is invaluable to the day's success....... pointing out schools of silvery Bonefish that you'll otherwise miss.

My painting process was to first do a loose drawing with a small filbert and umber paint.
 I concentrated on shapes and placement of the figures, then went into the sky and water with broad areas of color. Edges were last, where I softened them throughout the painting and left the most contrast around our action figure pointing out the day's catch.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Your skies are masterful! Beautiful painting, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are just so DREAMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice painting Mary. There is certainly a lot of action. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skies are always so visually exciting, Mary. Love the way the water reflects the action and colors of the sky, too. Sounds like an exciting and adventurous trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this... an "aha" moment captured so wonderfully by you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!