Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Tree - and Memories

Spring Tree                            8" x 12"                              oil
I painted plein aire today but didn't have far to go because this tree is in our backyard. When it blooms each year, it's like a beautiful gift, wrapped in every shade of pink you can imagine. It has a lovely umbrella form and is a favorite for both myself and my sister, because it always reminds us of our mom...... who loved it and anticipated it's bloom every spring.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Mary! I can't wait until my cherry tree shows its first blossoms!! I love the color and the touching story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour chère Mary,

    D'avoir peint ce magnifique cerisier japonais est un bel hommage à votre maman. (Je suppose que c'est bien un cerisier japonais !)

    Des couleurs éclatantes. Très jolie peinture.

    ❀ ♡ Gros bisous ♡ ❀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Mary, I appreciate and understand it reminding you of your mother. I have those types of reminders too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting. Thanks for the lovely story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!