Thursday, April 2, 2015

Shore Lunch - Big Horn River

Shore Lunch                    8" x 10"                 oil on linen panel
These two were enjoying a shore lunch and taking a break when I caught their picture on the banks of the Big Horn river  It was a bright day and when I caught the image I was able to visualize the finished painting pretty quickly. One thing I had to work against was everything being  too green for an interesting set-up. So, I countered it with some warm transparent oxide red in the undertones and put a nice warm yellow shirt on one of the guys. A few bits of color in the lunch set-up created interest as well.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful scene Mary ... Gorgeous colors and love the way you painted the water....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!