Thursday, April 9, 2015

Moo - cow pitcher & a chocolate doughnut

Moo                                       oil                                   9" x 9"
Moo - (doughnut detail)

This is an old painting, but one I still love. In re-organizing my website ages ago it was somehow left out and on it's own, languishing in a studio box. The little cow pitcher was given to me by my sister-in-law and I don't think she realized at the time that it had wonderful memories for me. My Tia Celes had one that was very similar and I always remember it on her counter. It was the companion to a table laid additionally with sugar, coffee cups and probably some kind of home made dessert for company ( I don't remember doughnuts)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. The limited color palette is wonderful, Mary!....the donut stands out perfectly.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those moo pitchers....and a donut with it---well, that is just perfect. Great. Now I am hungry for donuts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!