Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring Storm - Re-post after a little tweaking

Spring Storm                        8" x 8"                    oil
In the back of my mind, I just knew this painting needed some tweaking even as I posted it yesterday. Today a fresh look re-confirmed that, but it didn't take too much. The first problem was the shadow in the foreground. It wasn't strong enough to really make the light on the field stand out. Next, the furrowed ground didn't have the curved direction needed to lead the eye toward the rain cloud. I also toned down the 'orange-y' color that was taking over in the foreground.  These changes made a more cohesive statement that I'm much happier with! Take a look at yesterday's post and see what you think.....

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I went bsck and forth and the darker shaddow really made a difference.... tweaking paid off!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!