Thursday, March 5, 2015

Green Shutters

Green Shutters                          oil                       8" x 8"
This was a painting I started during the 30 in 30 Challenge in January. It is a scene I came up with from my imagination. But, I couldn't quite see what was wrong until today. Once I added a some yellow to what was essentially a red and green composition, it all came together. The bright warmth lent harmony and the focus that had been missing. It's always a good feeling to figure out another part of a puzzle!
Pin It

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

A gorgeous painting Mary! SO colorful!
Definitely a winner !

Sandy Sandy said...

You really pulled it together, Mary. The yellow brings it to life! Bravo!

Marcela Strasdas said...

Totally works! I don't remember what it looked like before but the yellow doesn't look like an afterthought at all, I like it very much!

Helen Moreda said...

Brings my eye right there. Definite focus. Good job Mary.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Nice painting Mary.

Karen Werner said...

This is beautiful, Mary!

Joseph Collin said...

Your work is really influential. Your information in this blog is very helpful for every visitor of this page. Thank you very much for share such a great information with us.
Faux Wood Plantation Shutters

Wooden Plantation Shutters said...

You really pulled it together, Mary. The yellow brings it to life! Bravo!