Saturday, March 14, 2015

Brass And Squash

Brass And Squash                       11" x 14"           oil 

Brass And Squash - detail

Today I remembered that I hadn't ever posted the finish to this painting. It's one I began during the Daniel Keys workshop and posted here unfinished. Since then, I worked back into it and came to a resolution of most of the shapes. It is difficult to maintain that freshness of the original beginning, but I had most of it done and that carried the idea through pretty well.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted Mary ....gorgeous colors ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job keeping it fresh. I know what you mean though...I have ruined paintings before trying to finish them out of their original setting.
    Do you mind me asking...
    I always find I only end up with one thing I keep on doing from most workshop. Was there something which stuck with you from the Keyes works?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie, and what a good question! I too usually have that 'one thing' I bring back from a workshop. With this one I am still trying to remember that "when you see a color that doesn't look right, it's usually a temperature problem" . I've found that is so true and a simple way of looking at it. Another thing is edges, he really puts the right kind of edge in the right place for the composition. And, his edges turn the form perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!