Saturday, February 28, 2015

Westport Docks

Westport Docks                              oil                          9" x 12"
In today's painting, I massed the main areas of this painting just fine, but somehow the most challenging part was in getting the warm and cool colors to stay put! I'd be happy with one area, then later go back and try to adjust the temperature without asking why!.I think I was second guessing myself in thinking about blues being cool and the browns being warm. But, as I've posted before, the question has to revolve around the temperatures of lights and darks for each area or object. I think I got it straightened out.


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love Is painting Mary, the colours and composition work very well for me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly captured a beautiful scene, Mary!! Wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you do have it worked out! My eye wanders around and ends up on the boat. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!