Sunday, February 8, 2015

Horse & Cart

Horse & Cart                           8" x 10"                  oil on panel
Another title for this might have been "Where's the Party?" but at any rate it was fun and colorful to put together. I took the reference for this while in Solvang, CA. but added the lantern shapes above, for color and more of a party feel. It is basically structured in brown monochromatic values and I added color that would add a little contrast . I guess I'm still working out of the 30 in 30 challenge to some extent in painting from my imagination!



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Pretty amazing you can pull off something as complex as this beauty. The white horse has such beautiful shadow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feel to this piece, Mary. I love the limited use of color. It adds to the mystery and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary I have thought long and hard about this painting. It is done so very well and I looked to make sure I understood. And I enjoyed. The white horse is clearly defined and you "lost" that beautiful background. It is really a wonderful demonstration piece on how to do it! Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all the colors in the white horse!!! Beautiful painting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!