Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fishing New Water

Fishing New Water                             oil                       8" x 10"
I was inspired by Julie Ford Oliver to use Pthalo blue on my palette today. It's such a strong color and I tried to keep it under control by using a limited triad with it. This was yellow ochre pale, pthalo blue and terra rosa with just a touch of ultramarine blue here and there. This was a good trio for this scene with all the rusty colored grasses and cool light. And, I was reminded of how versatile Pthalo can be in mixing both greens and violets!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You and I were both inspired by the same lovely lady. I find that phthalo blue gives a great vitality to a painting. Yours is a great example. Love your strokes and how the palette works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blues for the water, Mary. Wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!