Thursday, February 19, 2015

Desert & Sky

Desert and Sky                               oil                              8" x 8"
A simple palette again today while I enjoyed painting the subtleties of this landscape. A blue sky, long ochre grasses and clouds swirling through seemed enough as I played with soft edges and contrast. I wanted to bring the 2 parts together in a better way and I did that by mixing some blue with the grasses. That cooled them and brought them into harmony with the sky. 

Pin It

5 comments:

hmuxo said...

I can feel the movement of this amazing sky! Wonderful work.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Breezy and beautiful , Mary.
I really love your clouds making such a strong design.

Helen Moreda said...

Just lovely. The palette holds it all together as you wanted. Looks like a great place to be........

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Beautiful composition and movement to this painting, Mary.

Carol Flatt said...

Mary, you have such a gift for painting skies. The wispy clouds, the movement, and the colors all seem so alive! I love the viewpoint you painted this from. It's amazing!