Friday, January 16, 2015

Romance Red - 30 in 30 Challenge

Romance Red                          10" x 10"                     oil on linen
I don't have a color on my palette called 'Romance Red', but I could have used it today for this idea. After doing a little shopping today, I was struck with the amount of Valentine's Day items out right now and red roses were in my head as I began to paint. This is more of a graphic style than the blended soft edges of the white roses a few days ago. But, it worked for the strength of the red against dark green for me. 

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. SO beautiful, Mary!! Wonderful colors.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always look like your paintings no matter graphic or the other way. They truly have a beautiful, emotional quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one really captures the essence of Feb 14. It is beautiful done. Love the softness with just the right amount of hard edges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!