Thursday, January 22, 2015

Idaho Barn - 30 in 30 Challenge

Idaho Barn                           8" x 10"                     oil on panel
I checked out one of my photos from long ago to come up with this painting idea. After I'd turned off the computer and visualized the scene, I realized that what stuck in my head were the abstract shapes of the picture. The barn roof nearly blended into the sky and the other shapes were just that.....shapes without enough detail to be able to say quite what they were without the context of a landscape. it all provided another challenge and another day in the 30/30!

Pin It

5 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I like this piece very much, especially that spacious sky. And the contrast of the shapes below play well against it.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Clever the way the roof matches the sky. It took me a few seconds to figure it out. I like the abstract feel to this one Mary.

hmuxo said...

Beautiful subject and painting!

Celeste Bergin said...

did you actually do this "out of your head"? It is so great!

Sandy Sandy said...

I'd love see this one also done one step further towards abstraction. What wonderful shapes and an exciting composition. You are a true pro, Mary. I always love your work! Congratulations on taking the 30in30 plunge and making it to the finishline. Hugs, Sandy