Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Grape Arbor - 30 in 30 Challenge, Day 15

Grape Arbor      9" x 6"    oil on panel
Today I used an unusual palette again, but one that is a bit more broad than yesterday's. I blocked in the basic diamond shape that I had in my head for a bunch of grapes. That was done primarily in Ultramarine Blue Deep. I also used a few dashes of Terra Rosa and Indian Yellow. Those three colors with white, were my palette and I liked the way they worked together as I built up the middle and lighter values.The blue and terra rosa mixed a dark that was nearly black and it worked great for the drama of the shadows underneath. 


Pin It

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

I love the blues in the grapes, Mary.. beautiful work!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère Mary,

Une grappe de raisin aux couleurs extraordinaires. Un bel apport de vitamines !...
Gros bisous ♡

martine paquet said...

Gorgeous grapes!
Mary, thank you to share the interesting mix of colors.!

Helen H Trachy said...

I love this one Mary! Very nice work!!!