Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Geranium Shadows - 30 in 30 Challenge

Geranium Shadows                   oil                     8" x 8"
Today was another day when I kept to the 30 day painting challenge, but not to my theme of painting without a source. I chose this photo from several years ago where I'd set up this geranium on an outdoor table. It was backlit with strong morning light so I really had to read into the dark shadows to lighten them and intensify the color for this bright effect.

Pin It

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère amie,

Je découvre aujourd'hui un bouquet extraordinaire avec des couleurs éclatantes et vivifiantes. J'aime les nuances que vous avez subtilement utilisées pour les ombres.
J'ai fait un petit retour en arrière pour admirer toutes ces merveilleuses oeuvres qui composent ce fabuleux challenge qui bientôt s'achève. Bravo l'artiste !

Gros bisous ♡ ☼ ♡

Victor Errington said...

Love it Mary, especially the blue shadow. All the best.
Vic.

hmuxo said...

OMgoodness, Mary! Another winner. I love the red flowers against those gorgeous blue shadows...nice work....