Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 1- Blue On Blue - 30 in 30 Challenge

Blue On Blue     8"x 6"          oil on panel

 Day 1 of the Challenge brought a bit of a snow scene to mind when I looked out my kitchen window. We have snow on the ground, but the days are mostly just bright and very cold. So, as I sat in front of my easel, I tried to think about the basic ideas and color for that type of painting generally. And Julie Ford Oliver is so right in her comment to my last post....painting from your mind's eye is so "easy/hard"!

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This one has the "wow" factor.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wintery! I am looking forward to what you paint for the challenge :) This is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy/hard should be a new work in the dictionary! Once again, you captured the light in an amazing way. Love it orange/blue. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been admiring this painting since it came through via email. Gorgeous color and a real sense of depth as you go from foreground to background. I love the streaks and patches of light on the trees and ground. Truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the light in this landscape! It sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!