Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Barnyard - 30 in 30 Challenge

Barnyard                              oil                             8" x 8"
Today I reviewed yesterday's post "Burst of Gold" and improved some of the edges, details and color on it. So, it is more to my liking now. In addition I painted this barn and a few chickens. I very rarely paint barns and I think it shows! I believe it would be more to my liking in a totally different color scheme. Rather than starting with the predictable umber, A coral underwash for example, would have helped me jump off into a fresh look I think. Ah well,,,, tomorrow is another day and painting!
SOLD

Pin It

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

I enjoy seeing paintings of barns...this one is fantastic Mary! Wonderful colors and I love the looseness in the piece....

Helen Moreda said...

But I love the energy of it. Loose and free. Fun.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Mary - this is certainly my kind of painting and I think your barn is wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Have a super day!

Kay Wyne said...

I really like this barn and chickies....wonderful style, and the colors work very well. Good luck on the challenge!!! Kay