still life by Daniel Keys
Here are a few take-aways from the day:
- Use more paint in working with the building up process. ("Mr. Richard says don't worry about using too much paint, they are not going to stop making it!" ...talking about Richard Schmid)
- Keep your brushes very clean by using a BIG jar of OMS, rinse thoroughly and squeeze your brush dry. The paint needs to have creamy consistency, but heavier than the glaze underneath.
- When color looks 'muddy' or 'chalky' it's a color temperature problem.
- Keep thinking about painting shapes of color, as opposed to what the subject is.
- "Our tendency is to always see too much and paint too much... better to simplify"
My painting from our afternoon session is shown below, but while I won't be able to finish it this week, (it will be roses tomorrow) I will do so at home and eventually post the finish. To see my completed works...
Click Here for my Website.