Monday, September 29, 2014

Mountain View

Mountain View                   8" x 10"                     oil on panel
Sometimes when I haven't been able to get to my easel for a few days, it helps to start again in a new way. Today I did just that working on 300lb. watercolor paper that has a gesso coating on it. If you haven't ever worked this way, it tends to give your brushwork a soft edge and the blending is pretty easy and flat. In this one I referenced one of my older photos from Montana.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Montana, Mary and a wonderful landscape.. I miss visiting those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely. And such good information also. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour ma chère amie,

    J'aime beaucoup la manière que vous avez travaillé votre ciel. Il y a une lumière qu'elle éclate partout sur ce magnifique paysage.
    Le lieu me semble si serein...


    Gros bisous♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely painting Mary. all the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just look at that sky!
    I could get lost in the wonder of nature with this one Mary. Your art is so authentic. I love it.

    I think you did a great job with the AHA show and I appreciate all the information you shared. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.susanswiderski.comOctober 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM

    Mary, I am enjoying hearing you on AHA radio. You are doing a great job. I am finally back in the studio and starting to post again. When I paint I like to listen to AHA and it is so fun to hear you on there. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting, and beautiful sky holes in that middleground tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!