Saturday, August 16, 2014

Preparing To Dance II

Preparing To Dance II             oil on linen          8" x 10"
As we continue to put together our new house and my studio space, I seem to find more time to paint during weekends. So here is another "Saturday painting" as there were no appointments or workers or shopping for today. This is again a painting from the St. Ignacio Festival a couple of weeks ago in Boise. Sometimes you know a scene will work as a painting right away, and this was one of those. The light was strong and the whites reflected all the color around these two Oinkari dancers. I took photos of my progress, but can't say for sure whether they're decent. If so, I will create a slideshow of the process and post it in a few days. 'Til then, hope you are enjoying your weekend and thanks for continuing to visit my work.
SOLD


Pin It

5 comments:

Victor Errington said...

Beautiful Mary. The faces are fantastic. All the best.
Vic.

suzanneberry said...

Your work continues to give me such pleasure. This is just beautiful. Good luck with everything!

hmuxo said...

These Oinkari dancers are fantastic and make such a beautiful painting. The light, and colors on their costumes are wonderful!!! I look forward to the slideshow of the process!!!

Celeste Bergin said...

absolutely fabulous!

Pat O'Driscoll said...

The first thing that hit me when I saw this was look at those beautiful whites.