Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Preparing To Dance II - oil painting slideshow

     Preparing To Dance- slideshow    oil on linen     8"x10"
I finally got around to creating a little slideshow of "Preparing To Dance". I worked from dark to light in order not to be dazzled by the reds and create them in values that are too light. I think that helped me keep the balance of the composition together. Hope this is helpful, I welcome questions if you have them. This one's sold, but you can see more of my daily paintings and other works on
my website.
SOLD Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Mary for sharing this slideshow...I've watched it over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful slide show. It bears watching several times for sure. Amazing whites and sense of light. I agree, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The slideshow is wonderful: it's like a tutorial and I too watched it many times. Thanks! The final painting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!