Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Shadow Falls

Shadow Falls            10"x 8"             oil on linen panel
This is from a sketch and photo I've referenced before. It is just a few minutes walk from the road along the Coeur d'Alene river. As we all know, it can frequently pay to get out and explore even when the beauty of the drive seems to be enough.
On another note, for those of you that are subscribers, please email if my blog post has changed or is appearing incorrectly when it arrives at your Inbox. I received word that the post image is sometimes not correct and am trying to follow up.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. The blog looks good, Mary, on Safari with a mac computer... Your painting is wonderful, especially with the subdued, earthy hues. It creates a really intense mood of the richness in the forest. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is beautiful, Mary!
    It reminds me of some of the amazing falls in Wyoming. Love those greens and the falls look perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely painting! It is loose and rich in color and movement and really very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what my favorite part is? The greens shading into yellows. This is so harmonious. Yay! I am so glad to have found you…even have some of your art on my Pinterest boards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary I am a PC user and your blog appeared correctly. If you see I unsubscribed it is because I have you listed on my blog and that is how I usually go in.
    Falling water is so difficult but this rolls down the hill beautifully. Lovely, once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Shadow Falls is just gorgeous! wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!