Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Bright Spot

A Bright Spot     12" x 9"     oil on linen panel
Whenever I have flowers in a room, it seems there is a bright spot that you can't deny when you walk in. This is particularly bright because of the late day sun streaming through the window and for me, because of the vase. It is Italian painted pottery which was a gift from my mother many years ago. I had a challenge keeping the values straight, but I happily I managed it and got the light and shadow 'story' just right.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great light and a nicely thought out composition. So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo very pretty Mary and I really love the way the light is hitting everything. Your shadows are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you got it just right. You so conquer the quality of light. It is just beautiful. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is one of my favorites, Mary! I love all the colors, light and beautiful shadows!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!