Saturday, January 4, 2014

Holding On!

Holding On                   10" x 8"          oil on linen panel
I hold the record this week for 'scrapers' and I was getting soooo frustrated that even cleaning the house seemed better! Ok, not really, but I just kept hacking away at it day after day and then the light dawned and the blinders came off! When I think back to why I was having such a bad time, it had a lot to do with not massing my shapes and every composition looked liked about 5 different ideas running into each other. At any rate, I like this one and I'm still holding on :)
SOLD

Pin It

8 comments:

Sandy Sandy said...

Seems like there's a lot of that scrapping going on lately, Mary. Glad you finally got this beautiful keeper. It is delightful!

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Nice action pose, hold on, now I got it..,good to see you're back Mary.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I bet your scrapers are better than most artists keepers. Funny how the more you know the harder it gets.
This is a glowing example of your skill with water. Love it.

Dean H. said...

Definitely "hold on" to this one, Marie!! I'd like to see what you considered scrappers. There would be a very helpful lesson in there somewhere.

Susan Swiderski said...

It is comforting to hear about your difficulty getting back into sync. You have a lovely painting here and so fresh and spontaneous. Thanks for sharing how you were able to work through it.

Karen Werner said...

Beautiful!

ashok said...

happy new year Mary

hmuxo said...

This is beautiful, Mary! Perfect rocks!