Monday, January 6, 2014

Celebration Floral

Celebration Floral               10" x 8"                      oil on linen
I worked today on this 'scraper' from last week which I never got around to actually scraping off. Believe it or not, it used to be even busier than it is now! I thought I had taken a picture of it and was going to post a 'before' and 'after' shot, but when I went to find the' before' it was nowhere to be found :(   What I worked with today was bringing many shapes together. I was pleased with the overall warm color harmony against the grays here,
SOLD

Pin It

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Wow! This is GORGEOUS...I LOVE the colors in this floral, Mary...!!

Helen Moreda said...

The warms against the greys do work well but look at the lovely S shape you flowers make as they travel through the painting. Here is a wonderful example of hanging in there, looking out of the corner of your eye for a few days. It's beautiful.

AK said...

Love this type of work. your palette is so eye catching. Great work.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

What a BEAUTIFUL painting, Mary. I love the colors and patterns woven together so beautifully. You and I have done something on the same day - in a similar theme with the negative space being as important as the positive. Are we on the same track or what!