Monday, December 9, 2013

Back Light - fishing in Kodiak

Back Light                                      oil                                 8" x 10"
I really liked the way the light created a strong contrast against the fisherman's back on this one. My idea was to have the water just kind of melt into the scene and let the light to be the actor, so to speak. This kind of painting is one of the most difficult for me to get a good photo of....but the dark green grays and creamy whites are pretty accurate, on my screen at least.
  SOLD

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Nice Mary, I like the soft lighting breaking thru the background and repeated in the water behind the fisherman. Makes you feel you are right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...a peaceful scene that really captures the quiet and the light! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have said it before, Mary, but the way you capture the water just blows me away. The dark area with the reflections is so rich and wet looking. Perfect!
    Guy fishing is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light is truly amazing. I get a contrast between the light and the dark background which suggests cold. Very nicely done.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous painting, Mary!
    The water is SO beautifully painted!! and perfect light on the water and on the fisherman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this! I think it is great! I love the feeling of freshness and spontaneity. Looks like different colors for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! i love the water, the peace, the light! and congratulations on a well deserved sale!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!