Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Solvang Antiques

Solvang Antiques               7" x 9"         oil
I've just returned from a fun trip with two of my sisters to Solvang, CA.and surrounding areas. If you've never been there, it is a beautiful place that is modeled on a Danish village and it's easy to feel you are visiting a small European town. As we shopped the many storefronts, we came across Solvang Antiques and their many special treasures, both large and small. I noticed some paintings by Ted Goerschner, who's work I have always admired. I talked with a very knowledgeable woman who spent time visiting about a gallery she had and some of the pieces in the store. It was such an inviting and gorgeous place! Don't miss it if you have the opportunity. This still life was from an entry table just inside their door.


Pin It

3 comments:

Karen Werner said...

I was ther just a week ago! Great little place. So clever of you to paint from shots inside a store. Why didn't I think of that??:-)

mary maxam said...

Karen, So fun to hear that! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, can't wait to go back. Thanks for sharing :) Mary

hmuxo said...

VERY nice piece, Mary!! Fantastic color!