Sunday, June 23, 2013

On Vacation

On Vacation                            oil                            8" x 8"
This silver Airstream came to a stop ahead of us and seemed to be pondering which way to turn for the longest time. It was...right blinker, left blinker...no blinker....... Behind the wheel, there was probably much discussion on who had the correct directions to get to a particular destination. But maybe there was no plan and they were tossing a coin to see which way would lead to the most interesting adventure ahead!

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I love this whimsical image and the promise of adventure! Very fun painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Mary, this has got to be my latest favourite painting from you. It is different to what you usually paint and I love it. More please. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Mary! and such a nice change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great sense of adventure in the subject matter! Paired with a great sense of adventure in the interpretive brushwork!! Wonderful, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent silver--I love the whole scene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice colors in the airstream, I like the three value shadow its casting underneath. It was nice of them to give you time to capture this scene, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like stories and this painting looks to me like a fun adventure. The colors are fresh and lively, a nice one Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful, i can feel the excitement of a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!