Friday, June 21, 2013

Heading Out

   Heading Out                       16" x 20"                                   oil
I enjoyed every minute of painting both this and the original work which was small and in a square format. First of all, when I first snapped a series of shots of these two, it immediately created a story in my mind about their anticipation of a great day on the water. In this larger painting, I was able to paint with more depth of color and throw in more of the scattered wildflowers around the figures. And, as it turned out, it reminded a fly fisher out there of  fishing memories with one of his daughters and he bought the original and commissioned this larger work as a gift. It just doesn't get better than that! This one is sold, but you can view other fly fishing works on my website.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale Mary, nice job on the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always create such perfect movement with your paintings, Mary.
    Beautiful scene...wonderful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even before I read it was sold...I thought "that is going to sell"! I knew it would remind someone of something! So well done...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!