Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chance Of Showers - a little slice of sky

Chance Of Showers    oil    5.5" x 8.5"
Here's a small slice of sky from today. I'm also painting and planning other works that are a bit larger as well. Most artists I know feel the need to stretch now and then, whether through subject matter, approach or canvas size and that's true for me right now. This was a distant rain shower brewing as we drove north across Palouse farm land. While I know it's an odd size, it comes with it's own display easel so that you can enjoy without framing.
SOLD
Pin It

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Another beautiful landscape, Mary. I love your colors and the format is perfect for all the sky and clouds.

Celeste Bergin said...

what a beautiful rain-shower---how did you do that in paint?? excellent!

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Mary! It's been very cloudy and rainy lately where I am in Alabama and kept me inside, but you've inspired me to paint anyway!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Always love your skies. I can tell you are a real observer of them.
I agree about keep stretching ourselves with different sizes but my last battle with a big one is having me rethink the whole thing. Maybe not quite as big.