Friday, May 10, 2013

Redhead - slideshow painting demonstration

Redhead          oil             9" x 6"


I was reminded to put together a painting demo in the 30 marketing challenge by Leslie Saeta. It's been too long and thought 'oh, good idea!' Then, I proceeded to set up a painting on a surface I had never used before, which was particularly absorbent and really grabbed at every brush stroke. Hmmmm, seems like I kind of undermined myself on this one! I decided to post it though because my steps are basically the same as my usual process. 

Pin It

7 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Great slide show. Always enjoy seeing the process.

newmexicomtngirl.com said...

love this and just kept watching and watching her come to life. Many of the stages looked finished already.
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Great demo Mary, it was interesting seeing the changes and adjustments as you went along.
It was like we were listening to you think.
Nice painting.

hmuxo said...

What a treat to see the slide show Mary!!! I love to see a painting come to life in front of you. A lovely painting and hope you do this slide show again...

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Your work is so professional. It was a true delight to see your slide show ending up with such a wonderful painting

Diane Klock said...


I really enjoyed watching your slide show. I loved seeing each step and watching her come to life. Loved it !

Helen H Trachy said...

I love the demo Mary and the result also pleases me. Not overdone, very looking. A success :)