Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dappled Light Path

Dappled Light Path   8" x 10"      oil
You will have seen that another of my subject fascinations is with dappled light filtering through trees and wooded areas. While I always have an initial idea/ plan...these kinds of paintings take on a life of their own more so than any other! I just keep seeing the bits of light and color in my mind's eye and the editing is always a challenge. So, I try to keep my eye on the light path and here I enjoyed the challenge with a soft filtered effect.
SOLD
Pin It

7 comments:

Pat O'Driscoll said...

I like that type of lighting too Mary, it creates a peaceful mood in your painting.

Karen Bruson said...

This is really gorgeous! Love your color palette.

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Je suis très heureuse de vous retrouver après mon absence durant ce moi de mai...

Je suis heureuse aussi de faire marche arrière dans votre blog et de pouvoir admirer vos dernière créations... Un travail sublime, ma chère !
Et ce petit chemin charmant qui serpente ! Je viendrais volontiers me promener dans votre monde et me perdre dans ce sous-bois et m'enivrer de vos couleurs douces aux nuances variées.
Gros bisous à vous

Celeste Bergin said...

outstanding! just the right amount of dapple!

hmuxo said...

I love that dappled path..Beautifully painted, Mary!!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I feel i could walk peacefully through the shadows into this lovely painting.

Nancy Goldman said...

The colors in this painting are beautiful. I want to follow that path to see where it leads.