Friday, March 1, 2013

Sunset Over Water

Sunset Over Water      48" x 30"    acrylic
This is another large painting I've been working on and will plan to have it at Entree Gallery up at Priest Lake this spring. I always have such a time taking photos of darker works, so hope you can see it well. While it is complete for the most part, it seems that every day I look at it with a fresh eye and there is just a bit of some adjustment I need to attend to! I think many of you who are artists will understand. At some point I have to ask myself whether more is better ...or just more.....?

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. well, it certainly looks perfect to me just where it is! wow! very beautiful. Love the water AND the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES - look at the size of this one. Congratulations, dear Mary, for keeping me in awe. This one is dramatic and full of movement with the wonderful way you painted the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1195Hello Mary,
    I like very much the anstract feeling of your painting...
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the 1195, it came out from the identification... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, now that's a beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic sunset, Mary...I love the colors in the water reflected from this powerful sky! Excellent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting Mary, I like the last bit of light shining on the trees, its like the end of a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!