Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More Apples

More Apples          8" x 6"       oil
It's a mystery to me why particular colors and shapes resonate with each of us in a different way. I have come back to these shapes and colors of apples on branches time and again, and never tire of them. I love the break up of red and green compliments and I just see them as a 'homey' kind of subject. I started with a neutral beige wash on this and then sketched in the basic shapes with terra rosa, before brushing in the main colors,values highlights and edges.
Pin It

8 comments:

Mariela said...

I love your apples Mary...

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Thanks for sharing your colors and process. Love your work Mary!

hmuxo said...

I never get tired of your fruits and flowers..they're always so beautiful.
Gorgeous colors in this painting, Mary!!

Judy Baker said...

Love the colors and the looseness of the painting. Always beautiful!

martinealison said...

Une belle déclinaison de couleurs...
Gros bisous

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Great the way you mixed the abstract with the real. I love your work, Mary.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

They're lovely, Mary, and remind me of a bouquet. I especially like the rosy colors against the turquoise background.

Celeste Bergin said...

those apples are gorgeous! No...I'll never get tired of them either!!