Friday, March 22, 2013

Hawaii Beach View

Hawaii- Beach View                     9" x 9"                       oil
While I am away this week, I thought I'd show a few posts from the past. Hope you enjoy my review of these paintings.

Today is something a bit different as this is a painting that I hadn't posted from Hawaii. Previously, I wasn't happy with it but today I reworked some things and am far more satisfied with the flow in shapes, values and colors. So, my head was in the mountains, but today envisioned the beautiful blues skies and warm breezes off the ocean in Oahu. Amazing where your brain will let you travel! Where is your vision taking you today?

Pin It

7 comments:

Dottie Leatherwood said...

love the relationship of the cloud, the lit edges of the palm tree and the shadow on the ground. magical!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Lovely airy feeling Mary...I loved your 'Tropical Dream' and this one reminds me of it...beautiful!11!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

You never cease to amaze me Mary. Everything you do has a magical feel about it. Almost like I am in the painting. In this one I can feel the breeze and the warmth of the sun and maybe a little rain is on its way.
See what I mean... I just had a little trip to Hawaii.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

You can sense the warm breeze, beautiful painting Mary!

hmuxo said...

So Beautiful, Mary! I wish I was there right now!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing...

Diana Moses Botkin said...

My mind (and body) want to go there, too, Mary. It's a very inviting scene.

We have a lovely day in north Idaho today, though, so I am enjoying some sunshine on the snowy mountains.