Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sweet Treat

Sweet Treat                           oil                         7" x 7" 
So, we're all seeing those flowers and chocolates out there for Valentine's Day and I certainly felt I had an obligation to do a bit of research for this painting. After all, it was really about time I worked directly from the subject right?? So, I won't go on about the fragrance of chocolate wafting through my studio today but, I'd like to point out that this painting has a lot fewer calories in it than the real thing!

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things - sweets! But the best is a donut Mary - got frosting for the holiday?

    Kidding aside, I love your art and a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, now I want a chocolate--thanks a LOT! haha. Very nice painting--you captured how special one chocolate can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the family of warm colors you chose for this rich chocolate study, Mary. This looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious looking painting Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautifully painted, Mary. It looks even better since I didn't have breakfast yet...love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your chocolate painting! Beautiful execution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! You make this look so good and rich. Now I've got to go get me some chocolate to snack on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!