Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fair Day

Fair Day       oil            16" x 14"
I'll take you to the fair today with this post in hopes that it's a nice break from the cold temps you might be having. This is from a very old photo I'd taken and always knew I wanted to paint. Somehow, I'd never gotten around to it and this week.... it just felt right. I used a triad of alizarin, cad yellow deep and pthalo blue for the mixes and wanted a warm feel while holding together all the action and shapes. Currently, not for sale but you can.... View Other Daily Paintings


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this one Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely great! love it! I love the crowd of people in front of the sign for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get better and better with every painting you do, Mary! I love the business of this piece and amazing colors! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unusual and a bit of a departure from your usual paintings. This shows me the depth and scope of your skills and knowledge. I love it when artists are not afraid to push their limits and go beyond their comfort zone in the name of growth. Thanks Mary, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary, this is a miraculous painting. I don't know how you suggest so much with so little. You totally captured that kind of crowded, chaotic and noisy atmosphere-- So very gracefull painted. I agree, you are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. You make a horribly complicated subject fit into a well composed painting that is actually pleasing to look at! Much better than actually being at a carnival if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!