Thursday, January 31, 2013

Compliments - more flowers and a color scheme

Compliments                          oil                              7" x 7"
My enthusiastic Congrats to all of you who completed 30 day challenges this month. There have been some amazing results and wonderful paintings for us to enjoy.
More flowers today and this is from a bouquet that is one of my favorites from the past. This is a favorite of mine for it's complimentary color scheme.  And the bright outdoor light keeps bringing it back to me. I am also attracted to this particular chunky piece of pottery. It's kind of ashen on the bottom and glazed on top. The whole thing just says "paint me!"
SOLD

Pin It

7 comments:

Susan Swiderski said...

Very nice, seems so natural.

Celeste Bergin said...

yes indeed, that is a most beautiful painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm enjoying the complements in this painting (and the last one too) as well as your compliments on those finishing the 30/30 challenge.

I have to say how much I enjoy how you paint. You know right where to put your colour and strokes and you make it look so easy. If only!

Victor Errington said...

Hi Mary.
this painting is is so beautiful. One of the best flower paintings that I have see. I ditto what Diana M says, if only. All thebest Mary.
Vic.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Your flowers are very inspirational. I love the colors in this and the beautiful paint quality.

I have really missed painting flowers for a month while doing the 30 in 30 challenge and that is what good came out of participating... I know what I missed.

hmuxo said...

A beautiful piece, Mary!! Another favorite!!!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Beautiful painting, Mary! I did not make the 30 days, but enjoyed everyone's work. :)