Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Begonia Blossoms - a floral for (nearly) February

Begonia Blossoms       oil         12"x 9"
As I mentioned yesterday, I have been missing flowers and now with February and Valentine's Day right around the corner....well, I couldn't resist! They are catching my eye for color. These are from Manito Park last spring in Spokane and the colorful bunches just went on and on. Of course the challenge is to decide where the focus will be and I enjoy looser brushwork in much of the composition. 

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. These flowers are so beautifully painted, Mary! Gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a boost this morning! You just made my day. That pale pink and light touches are magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, this is a beautiful painting. Full of color and movement it brings the promise of Spring and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you met the challenge...! I love this cavalcade of color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to see some flowers in January! I am looking forward to spring and this lovely image will tide me over a bit until it arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!