Friday, January 4, 2013

Afternoon Beach Walk

Afternoon Beach Walk                    8" x 10"         oil
This is my first post from our trip to San Pedro, Belize. We were lucky to travel with family and it was a super trip all around with many memories! I had a couple afternoons where a beach walk seemed to beckon and the blue shadows from waving palms drew me down to the water's edge and back to the shadows over and over. Makes me want to be digging my toes into that sand even now...

Pin It

8 comments:

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Beautiful painting Mary, love the blue shadows. You captured the brilliant sunlight perfectly.

hmuxo said...

Those shadows complete this beautiful painting, Mary!! I really need that beach!!!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

You make it seem so real, Mary. I can hear the waves and feel the gentle breeze.

Brad Miedema said...

WOW! This is beautiful Mary. I live the shadows in the sand.

Sandy Sandy said...

I feel warmer already! Nice one Mary!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I love this scene. It feels like a little warmer to me now!

David Larson Evans said...

Fresh,bold and pleasing to the eye.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I can smell the sea breeze and hear the palms rustling. Great painting in every way.